The holidays are here and we have food on our minds! Below are two delicious dosed dessert recipes using GrowHealthy distillate and RSO.
RSO Infused Muddy Buddy Rice Krispy Treats
By Chef Reuben Ruiz
A MMJ patient and talented chef living in South Florida, Chef Reuben Ruiz used GrowHealthy RSO to create a twist on the classic rice krispy treat. “When I was first introduced to the world of edibles I was given a rice krispy treat,” says Chef Reuben. This recipe is a throwback to his first edible experience, but bumped up a notch with the addition of Muddy Buddies, white chocolate chips, Reese’s peanut butter cups, and a Nutella drizzle.
- 1 Gram of GrowHealthy RSO (Chef Reuben used Stardawg)
- 5 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 4 bags of mini marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- A jar and a half of marshmallow fluff
- 3 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 2 cups Muddy Buddies
- 1/2 a bag of white chocolate chips
- 12 mini Reese’s peanut butter cups
- Nutella (for drizzle)
- Line a 9×9 pan with foil and spray lightly with nonstick spray, then set aside.
- In a large non-stick saucepot over medium-low heat melt the butter. Make sure your pan is non-stick this recipe is sticky!
- Once the butter is melted add in the three bags of mini marshmallows and salt, stirring constantly until they’re melted. Remove pot from heat.
- Immediately stir in RSO. You’ll want to warm the RSO syringe in your hands first to make it easy to dispense.
- Then add the Rice Krispies, Muddy Buddies, white chocolate chips, and stir until fully coated with the melted marshmallows.
- Stir in Fluff until it’s evenly mixed in.
- Finally, stir in the last bag of mini marshmallows.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pan and press evenly.
- Allow the bars to set up for at least an hour before cutting into squares.
- You can also place the bars in the fridge to speed up the setting up process to enjoy your bars sooner.
No-Bake Frūtful™ Mint & Lime Cheescakes
By Blogger & Cannabis Advocate Lea Marie
Lea used GrowHealthy’s Frūtful™ Mint & Lime cannabis distillate to create delicious cheesecakes! The Mint & Lime distillate is flavored with all-natural fruit-derived terpenes and provides a 1:1 ratio of CBD: THC.
This recipe yields ten single-serving cheesecakes at a dose of approximately 19mg of THC and 19mg of THC per piece.
Recipe (Frūtful™ Mint & Lime Cannabis Infused Coconut Oil)
- 0.5 gram Frūtful™ Mint & Lime distillate syringe
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 mug of hot water (do not exceed 230 degrees)
- Heat water and place in a mug.
- Remove distillate syringe from the plastic outer tube (do not remove syringe cap) and submerge entire syringe in hot water.
- Allow to sit for several minutes (you can prepare the crust for the cheesecakes while you wait)
- Measure out your coconut oil and place in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat on medium heat for 1 minute or until fully melted.
- Remove syringe from hot water, remove plastic cap, and empty contents into the bowl of hot coconut oil.
- Stir like crazy! Using a wire whisk or fork.
- Set aside and prepare the rest of the recipe. When you are ready to use your infused oil, place it in the microwave for 1-2 minutes to ensure distillate is fully incorporated and give it one more stir.
Frūtful™Mint & Lime infused Cheesecakes (Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 8 medjool dates, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in hot water for one hour or overnight and drained
- 1/4 cup Frūtful™ Mint & Lime cannabis infused coconut oil (made earlier)
- 1/2 cup agave nectar, maple syrup, or honey (only use honey if not vegan)
- 1/2 can full-fat coconut milk, shaken well
- Juice of three small limes
- 1 Tbs lime zest
- 1 tsp vanila extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Line muffin tin(s) with ten liners. Prepare Frūtful™ Mint & Lime cannabis infused coconut oil and set aside.
- For the crust, place oats and almonds in a high-speed blender and pulse until finely ground. Add remaining crust ingredients and blend until a sticky dough forms (it should be the consistency of sticky coarse crumbs.)
- Scoop by heaping Tbs into muffin liners and press down to form crusts. Store any remaining crust mixture in a glass har in the fridge for use in a later recipe.
- Rinse blender basket and return to blender. Combine soaked and drained cashews, infused coconut oil, agave nectar, coconut milk, lime juice, lime zest, vanilla, and sea salt. Blend on high until mixture becomes smooth, slightly fluffy, and free of lumps.
- Distribute mixture evenly over crusts and smooth tops with a spoon.
- Freeze until set, approximately two hours or overnight.
- Store in a sealed plastic bag or Tupperware container in the freezer for up to two weeks.
- When ready to serve, garnish with lime wedges, mint leaves, and a sprinkle of lime zest.